South Mississippians will vote on November 8th to fill the State Supreme Court seat vacated when Justice Randy Pierce resigned in February of this year (2016). Governor Phil Bryant appointed Dawn H. Beam to fill the seat until a replacement could be elected.
- Hattiesburg American: 2 vie for Mississippi Supreme Court District 2 seat
- Ballotpedia Information: Dawn H. Beam
- Ballotpedia Information: Michael T. Shareef
- Mississippi Supreme Court Elections, 2016
- Clarion-Ledger: Pierce resigning from state Supreme Court