Incumbent Sheriff Melvin Brisolara was pushed to a runoff with Troy Peterson in the August 4th Republican Primary. The two debated on Thursday, August 13th and largely agreed on priorities but dissented about whether their implementation has been adequate and also differed on the future management of the department. The winner of the August 25th runoff will become the Harrison County sheriff as there is no Democrat opponent for the November 3rd general election.
Also in the Harrison County Republican runoff, Ricky Dombrowski and Angel Kibler-Middleton will square off for District 2 County Supervisor, Tonya Wayne Ladner and Darrin Ladner for District 5 County Supervisor, and James Morgan and Richard H. Quave for District 1 Constable.
The Democrat Primary will only see one runoff in Harrison County; Chris Fisher and Kent Jones will vie for the party’s nod for District 4 County Supervisor.
- Blessings of Liberty: Democrat shocker highlights 2015 Primary Election
- Harrison Co. sheriff candidates speak at forum
- Harrison County sheriff candidates square off
- WLOX News This Week: Harrison County Sheriff Election Troy Peterson
- WLOX News This Week: Harrison County Sheriff Election Melvin Brisolara
- Harrison County sheriff candidates square off over managing department
- Large Harrison County Board of Supervisors field narrows as two races head for run-off
- Melvin Brisolara Campaign Website
- Troy Peterson Campaign Website