Incumbent Republican Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves will be challenged in the Republican primary by Alisha Nelson McElhenney while Jelani Barr and Tim Johnson will square off in a Democrat primary battle.
The winners of the respective primaries on August 4th will meet in the general election on November 3rd.
- Statewide elections slate set
- Teacher from Moss Point challenging Lt. Gov. Reeves in primary
- All 8 statewide Mississippi official challenged in election
- Former Greenwood Mayoral Candidate Qualifies to Run for Lt. Gov.
- GOPer Tim Johnson to run for Lt. Gov. as Democrat