Incumbent Attorney General Jim Hood will have an opponent in the November state elections. Mike Hurst qualified to run for AG on the last day to qualify which also was his last day at the U.S. Attorney’s office. Hurst served as U.S. Attorney since 2006 where he was assigned to the corruption case of former Department of Corrections Commissioner Chris Epps.
Hood has served as Mississippi’s AG since 2003 and filed for reelection on February 20th. He is the only Democrat elected to a state-wide office.
For more information:
- Hood running for 4th term as Mississippi attorney general
- Assistant U.S. Attorney Mike Hurst to run for MS Attorney General
- Attorney General Jim Hood
- Mike Hurst running for Miss. Attorney General
- Mississippi AG Jim Hood: The Last Democrat in Dixie