The following have qualified for candidacy in the 2o15 election for the Mississippi Senate. Only the Gulf Coast region is represented. For a complete list see Empower Mississippi‘s tabulation for the entire state.
District 40 (Pearl River): Incumbent Angela Hill (R) is uncontested.
District 45 (Forrest): Incumbent Billy Hudson (R) is uncontested.
District 46 (Hancock): Incumbent Philip E. Moran (R) is uncontested.
District 47 (Harrison/Jackson/Pearl River/Stone): With Sen. Tony Smith qualifying to run for the Public Service Commission Southern District, three candidates have qualified to replace him:
- Jimmy L. “Bo” Alawine (D)
- Rogena Mitchell (R)
- Joseph M. “Mike” Seymore (R)
District 48 (Harrison):
- Incumbent: Deborah Dawkins (D)
- Joseph B. Piernas, Sr. (D)
- Walter Crapps (R)
District 49 (Harrison):
- Incumbent: Sean Tindell (R)
- Katherine DeCoito (R)
District 50 (Harrison): Incumbent Tommy Gollott is uncontested.
District 51 (Jackson County):
- Incumbent Michael D. Watson, Jr. (R)
- Butch Loper (R)
Alisha Nelson McElhenney had qualified for the District 51 seat but switched her candidacy to the Lieutenant Governor seat following Watson’s announcement.
For more information:
- 2015 Legislative Candidates
- Michael Watson the last of the McDaniel trio to announce intentions, has GOP opponent in SD 51
- Watson running for re-election, not higher office
- Qualifying Day. . . and the Case of the Accidental LG Candidate