With Political Action Committees backing both sides, watch-out for misinformation and half-truths as advertisements and the media heat-up for the June 24th runoff election between Sen. Thad Cochran and state Sen. Chris McDaniel.
With McDaniel winning more of the June 3rd vote, the establishment backing Cochran is looking for some help from Democrats who sat out the June 3rd Primary. What seemed absurd two weeks ago may have helped Cochran’s momentum. Even gun-control advocate Michael Bloomberg gave $250,000 to Mississippi Conservatives PAC, the primary super PAC supporting Cochran’s reelection.
The polling data only fuels the debate. One poll shows McDaniel with a 8-point lead. Two days later, another shows a dead heat only to be refuted by second poll the same day saying McDaniel has a 12-point lead.
One opinion says Ingalls has shrunk during Cochran’s tenure while another says Cochran must remain our senator if the next ship is going to be funded. All the while, McDaniel is under fire for wanting to shrink the federal government.
The big winners? Newspapers and Democrat nominee Travis Childers!
For more information:
- June 12th: New poll shows McDaniel Leading Cochran by 8 points
- June 16th: Poll: Cochran rebounds, in dead heat with McDaniel
- June 16th: Poll: McDaniel Opens 12-Point Lead Over Cochran
- ENGLAND: Ingalls’ work force has shrunk despite Cochran being in office
- CRAWFORD: Thad Cochran must keep clout to restore funding for LPD 28 to be built by Ingalls
- PATTERSON: McDaniel’s way would cost state
- GRAY: Cochran comes to life
- HALL: Cochran’s attack to little too late?
- CARNEY: Thad Cochran runs in Mississippi as king of corporate welfare
- War of words continues in MS Senate Race
- A church-PAC Link Raises Questions in Mississippi
- Can Thad Cochran get Democrats to pull him over the finish line?
- Michael Bloomberg, Sean Parker gave to Thad Cochran PAC