This is not Matt Moore’s first campaign to represent Mississippi’s 4th Congressional District. However, finding any information online about him is a little difficult. All information about Moore is drawn primarily from what was written about him in 2012.
As a late add due to the withdrawal of Democrat nominee Michael Herrington in 2012, Moore claimed 28.8% of the General Election vote. Even though he crushed Reform Party Robert W. Claunch (6.3%) and Libertarian Ron Williams (0.7%), he was far behind Rep. Steven Palazzo’s 64.1% of the vote.
Per the Wall Street Journal in 2012, “Moore says he’s running because he wants to provide better constituent service to the 4th District. He says Palazzo is too much of a party-line Republican and has fallen short in representing a wide range of opinions in the district.”
For more information:
- South Mississippi has a real choice
- BALLOTPEDIA: Matthew Moore
- Matthew Moore Wall Street Journal Candidate Page (2012)
- WLOX (2012): Biloxi man selected as Democratic candidate 4th Congressional District
- FACEBOOK: Matt Moore for MS-4th U.S. Congressional District