Yesterday, Gov. Bryant signed into law a tax holiday bill, Senate Bill 2425:
- Creates a sales tax holiday on firearms, ammunition, and hunting supplies during Mississippi’s “Second Amendment Weekend,” September 5th – 7th.
- Creates another sales tax holiday for a variety of organizations and items from July 25th – 26th.
The NRA thanked Rep. Andy Gipson (R-77) and Sens. Briggs Hopson (R-23) and Sean Tindell (R-49) for getting the bill to the governor.
On March 27th, the Governor signed into law several protections for gun owners under House Bill 314:
- Limit government confiscation of legally owned weapons during states of emergency
- Clarify local authority to limit the carrying of firearms
- Affirm the rights of citizens to possess firearms in public housing
- Prohibit destruction of weapons via government “buyback” programs
The NRA credited Sen. Philip Moran (R-46), Rep. Jeff Smith (R-39), Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves, and Speaker Philip Gunn (R-56) for getting the measure passed.
For more information: