Ron Vincent is one of 5 candidates certified by the Miss. Republican Party for the June 3rd Primary election. Vincent squared-off against Steven Palazzo in the 2012 Primary and received 18.7% of the vote to Palazzo’s 73.9% according to Ballotpedia.
Born in Hattiesburg, Vincent retired from GE Energy and has international business experience according to his campaign website. He is listed as the organizer of the Hattiesburg Tea Party, a member of Main Street Baptist Church, and was honorably discharged after 3 years in the U.S. Army.
Based on his website, the following are his positions on various issues:
- Economy: Remove barriers to business and growth, develop domestic energy sources, reform and strengthen education system.
- Constitutionally Limited Government: Supports term limits and abolishing the EPA, HUD, and Department of Education. Wants to restore constitutional checks and balances and restore government by legislation instead of regulation and executive order.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Wants to balance the federal budget, pay-off national debt, eliminate government bailouts and corporate take-overs, reform of entitlement programs, and audit the Federal Reserve.
- Tax Reform: Supports the Fair Tax and abolition of the IRS.
- Obamacare: Supports the complete repeal of Obamacare.
- National Defense: Secure the borders and enforce immigration laws. Restore military strength, end fighting undeclared wars. End foreign treaties and get out of the United Nations.
For more information:
- Interview on Gulf Coast Mornings
- One Prediction: It’s one unpredictable race
- Ron Vincent for Congress