If the Republican Candidates for Mississippi’s 4th Congressional District all look too similar for you to make a choice, look no further than the Democrat candidates.
As outlined by Paul Hampton, Trish Causey labels herself as “Staunchly progressive.” Described as an artist and grassroots activist, Causey calls herself a lifelong activist on her campaign website.
- National Security: A pacifist; repeal the Patriot Act, close the prison at Guantanamo Bay. The “humanitarian side of the military [as in post-disaster relief] should be lauded and fostered.”
- Gay Issues: Fully supports equal rights and privileges for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender persons.
- Abortion: Supports unrestricted abortion.
- Education: Raise teacher pay, make student loans more available, and teach “students skills they will need for college and in the real world.”
- Public Health: Support marijuana legalization, expand Medicaid, supports Obamacare.
- Economy: Supports a “living wage” (increasing the minimum wage, legalizing and taxing marijuana, pro-union, and supports “fair pay and equal representation” for women.
- Environment: Address climate change, promote alternative fuels, ban genetically modified foods, preserve natural resources, protect the environment.
For more information:
- South Mississippi has a real choice
- Trish Causey For Congress
- FACEBOOK: Trish Causey for U.S. Congress
- Interview on Gulf Coast Mornings